PSD 2018 Webinar
'Joining the global fight against fake medicines to ensure safe medication and healthcare for all'
In the build up to Patient Solidarity Day (PSD) happening on 7 December 2018, the International Alliance of Patients Organizations (IAPO) and the Fight the Fakes (FtF) Campaign are holding a joint webinar to engage patient advocates from all over the world in the fight against falsified medicines.
PSD 2018 theme ‘Safe Medication and Healthcare for All’ aims to raise awareness on patient safety, a crucial element in enabling and supporting health systems achieve sustainable and effective Universal Health Coverage.
As health advocates, our ability to effectively influence policy-makers, regulators and other prominent stakeholders depends on the strength of our argument. We need to equip ourselves as much as possible with the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to make meaningful contribution to our advocacy agenda topics.
The webinar has the following learning objectives:
-Developing knowledge about the Fight the fakes campaign;
-Raising awareness of how to get involved in the fight against falsified and substandard medicines;
-Training patient leaders to develop effective advocacy skills to contribute towards fighting fake medicines;
-Witness personal stories from victims of falsified medicines, and learn how patients can protect themselves from falsified medicines.
When? Wednesday 7 November 2018 at 4pm (GMT)
- Kawaldip Sehmi, CEO of the International Alliance of Patients Organizations
- Christopher Goetz, Executive VP and General Manager at the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers
- Sérgio Cavalheiro Filho, Research Associate, Regulatory Affairs & Global Health at the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Jolanta Bilińska, President and Founder of the Patient Safety Foundation (IAPO Member) & Immediate-Past Chair of IAPO
- Regina Kamoga, Executive Director for Community Health and Information Network (IAPO Member)